- Chicken breasts 2- Make a pocket in the chicken breasts by running a broad knife along the middle of them.
- Camembert Cheese- One small wheel, chopped into small pieces
- Dried Apricots- About a dozen pieces, halved into medallions.
- Navel oranges 2 pieces- zest the peel and juice the oranges
- Rosemary- a tablespoon
- Dried Kashmiri chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
- Star Anise- 3
- Cinnamon- 1 stick
- Black Pepper- 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Soy Sauce- About a tablespoon
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Green Coriander- to garnish
- Fill the pockets of the chicken breasts with alternating cheese and apricots and press them tight to seal. Save 2-4 pieces of apricots for cooking in the juices.
- Rub the outside of the meat with the mixture of Rosemary, Dried Kashmiri chilly flakes, salt and a little olive oil. Set aside for about half an hour for the flavors to soak- better if you could leave it longer!
- Put up a heavy bottomed frying pan on the hot plate and put some olive oil in it. When the oil heats up slightly, add the filled chicken breasts, the star anise, black pepper, cinnamon and the 2-4 pieces of apricots you saved to the pan. Turn the meat within a minute- just let the meat seal up on both sides.
- Once the meat is sealed on both sides, add the juice of the two oranges and a dash of dark soy sauce to the pan. Put the heat to low- simmer and cook with lid on for about 10-15 minutes. Keep running the juices over the top of the meat every couple of minutes to keep the meat moist.
- Remove the chicken breasts when they are cooked and put them on a plate. Keep simmering the juices on slightly higher heat stirring it continuously so it becomes a sticky sauce but don’t let it dry out/ burn.
- Pour these juices over the meat in the plate.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Most important last step: Let me know how you like it!